I just made the best soup I’ve ever had in my life.
I’ll admit it, being Vegan has made me miss many “Cream of [INSERT YUMMY VEGETABLE]” soups, but I have successfully satisfied my craving with the delicious little number. Perfect for rainy days I suggest you make it…. right now.
- 3 Tablespoons Earth Balance
- 1 (8 ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 1 Large Potato
- 1 cup chopped Broccoli
- 1 Small white onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk (you can use unsweetened soy milk also, but the coconut milk is much better in my opinion)
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook Potato (boiled, baked or microwave).
2. Saute mushrooms, union, garlic and broccoli until union is translucent.
3. Blend mushrooms, union, garlic, broccoli and potato together (I use a blender, a food processor or hand held mixer will also do).
4. Add blended mixture into a large pot, add remainder of veggie stock, can of coconut milk, Sriracha and Earth Balance and simmer on low until mixture is hot. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Makes: 2-3 Servings, Preparation time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes